Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wife, Mother, and Jeweler?

Any of you who knew me, before my two wonderful childern entered my life, would know how I loved putting together that "perfect outfit" when going somewhere.  I always had to complete the ensemble with complimentary jewelry and maybe even shoes and a purse. And yes, I will admit it, I am guilty of matching my make-up as well. Many times I have been teased by my sisters about my "accessorizing" and they have even given me a hard time about matching my babies pacifiers to their outfits.
This put together woman is pretty much non existent now and I miss her. Having children has changed me and I have been on a downward slope ever since.  It has gotten bad lately, and I am pretty sure I would make a good entry for What Not To Wear. As we speak I sit here in my husband's sweatpants from PT in the army, a t shirt, greasy uncombed hair and no make-up. Sadly, this is the norm now days. I guess I have given up for the most part. I am not happy with the ways pregnancy has changed my body and I now dread shopping! It is hard enough dragging two kids along, but then I have to find something that doesn't look completely awful on me. I usually come home feeling defeated and depressed. So this is why I have a very limited wardrobe these days and resort back to the sweats. As far as the mess on my head, I am lucky to work a shower in most days. I don't get out of the house very much, and when I do it is a race to make it home between naps and meals, so putting make-up on is the last of my worries. I often joke about having no life anymore, but honestly I love the life God has given me, my wonderful husband, and my beautiful children, but in a way I have lost myself in all of it.
Recently a friend was telling me about her new business venture and the old Anna started to resurface. She told me how she was going to start selling jewelry and as she went on, I only got more interested. I like jewelry...well at least I used to. So after learning more about the company, I decided I would give it a try as well. If anything it would be a good excuse to get out of the house and maybe meet some people.  Plus if I were to bring in a little extra income, my husband couldn't complain. :) I was able to meet with my friend's sponsor and attend a show earlier this week and I came away excited and most importantly feeling a little like my old self again.
I am now an official jeweler for Premier Designs Inc. "Premier Designs is a direct sales jewelry company founded in 1985 by Joan and Andy Horner in Irving, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. They created the company as a way to support ministries here and around the globe, as well as provide a home-based business opportunity established on biblical principles, such as integrity and unselfish service." (PD website) I know that there are a ton of direct sales companies that woman get involved in, and that you are thinking this is no different, but I honestly feel that this one is for me. I love that the company is Christian based and that they help support christian ministries. Makes me feel that I am helping contribute to a greater cause. What makes it even better is that I love the products! They offer affordable high fashion jewelry and after getting my hands on it at the show I am in LOVE. Everything is so cute and unique. I would compare it to the stuff I have always bought at Kohls but nicer. I can't wait to get my stuff in the mail and start "accessorizing"!
I don't know if I will be any good at this, but I do know that I haven't even started yet and I am already imaging that put together woman making a comeback. I can't explain it, other than I feel like God is using this opportunity to remind me that I am valuable. Those old feelings and insecurities of worthlessness had been creeping back into my life and I need to remember how important I am to those who love me. My family, my husband, my children, and most importantly God. I owe it to all of them, as well as my self to take pride in all the God has given me. What message am I portraying when I go out in public looking like a mess, or when my husband comes home to me looking nothing like the woman he married. He deserves for me to take the time to look good for him, if I won't do it for myself. Furthermore I am not doing what God has called me to by simply hiding away in my house. I am hoping this opportunity will help give me a much needed kick in the butt. It will force me to put myself together and get out there. If anything comes from this, I am hoping to feel better about myself and to be a testimony of all the wonderful things God has done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment